After 30 years in business, LWD continues to grow. Our focus is on all facets of video media from linear television to advanced TV (OTT, digital and programmatic). We deliver results for our clients thanks to the expertise of our staff and our suite of cutting edge, proprietary media management, planning and analytic tools.
There has been a rapid and relentless shift in the broadcast media business. While LWD has an exceptional reputation, strong book of business and a stable tenured staff, it’s strategically important that we become recognized as a disruptive performance marketing leader rather than a legacy brand. We are hiring a full-time Communications Manager to develop and amplify messaging to accelerate that shift.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of all internal and external communications for LWD. In addition to impeccable writing and editing skills, this person needs to be a strategic thinker with a proven track record of creating effective, targeted communications. We want someone who is skilled at enhancing and promoting brands through strategic communications. Our key audiences include advertising/marketing influencers and media, as well as current, former, and prospective clients and vendors.
• External communications: Devise and implement communication strategies aligned with agency’s overall goals. Control narrative and deliver core messaging in external communications. Push brand forward as a disruptive performance marketing leader. Manage annual communications plan for the agency.
• Internal communications: Write and design internal communications. Including, but not limited to, new business write ups, employee announcements, company events, etc. We like to keep our staff of 100 (and growing!) informed and engaged.
• Content creation: Develop, research, write, and edit content for the agency’s various channels, including press releases, articles, blog posts, and social media updates. Ensure that the content reflects the organization’s voice and values.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders: This role reports to the CEO and executive committee. The communications manager must be able to productively interact with people at all levels of the organization.
• Media Relations and Publicity: Build and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers. Partnering with PR firms as necessary. Develop and manage speaking/engagement opportunities for executives and senior leadership. Analyze media coverage, tracking social media metrics, and gathering feedback from stakeholders.
• Social Media Outreach and Website: Design and implement social media strategies. Create social media content across all channels. Moderate LWD social media channels. Update copy on LWD website.
• Attend Trade Shows and Industry Events.
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role. Experience and knowledge with marketing/advertising and/or technology industries is a plus. A public relations or marketing communications background is helpful.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Impeccable writing and editing skills. Ability to capture LWD’s voice and tone in communications.
• Proven track record of developing, writing, and executing external communications that propel business goals, publicize a brand, and deepen engagement with target audiences.
• Experience with creating corporate communications.
• Creative and innovative, but also a strategic thinking who understands business objectives.
• Superior interpersonal skills – both written and verbal. We pride ourselves on having a collaborative, approachable company culture. We’re looking to this person to establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, media contacts, industry leaders, etc.
• Highly organized and proactive with demonstrated project management skills. We are a fast-paced environment. It is crucial that our Communications Manager can prioritize and deliver high-quality work to deadlines.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $120,000 per year depending on experience
Our foundational goals to deliver growth and ROI don’t just apply to our clients – we work just as hard to offer the same exceptional growth opportunities to our employees. Our 10-year average employee tenure is a testament to the kind of work-life balance that LWD offers. If you are a self-starter with an interest in fast-paced, measurable marketing, we’d like to meet you.
To apply, please upload your resume.